Monday, June 4, 2012

A new beginning...

So why a blog about leadership?  Or perhaps a better question, why another leadership blog?  What more of value can I add to this subject that hasn't already been said?

There are a few motivations at play as I enter into this hazardous world of blogging.  And hazardous it is!  It takes not a bit of courage and arrogance to put one's opinions and musings out in cyberspace for all to see and evaluate - "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt".  My hope is that my perspectives will not be deemed foolish nor arrogant but rather helpful to leaders of all backgrounds and experience levels as they strive to make their mark on our healthcare system.  In that, I hold a few motivations that I trust are held in common with my colleagues at the coal face of Canada's healthcare system.

First, I have been and continue to be motivated to make a real and substantial difference in the lives of my fellow human beings.  In the case of healthcare, I choose to do so in an industry where people are typically at their most vulnerable, dealing with circumstances that at the very least cause them discomfort or in the worst case cause them to face their own mortality.  Second, I believe in my obligation to do my part to advance and support the quality of my profession - in this case healthcare leadership.  I also have a strong commitment and belief in the skills and abilities of our health human resources and that the best means of unleashing that full potential is through effective and empowering leadership.  Finally, and certainly not least, I believe that Canada's healthcare system can advance the quality and efficiency of its operations simultaneously through a commitment to empowerment, continuous learning, and continuous improvement. 

My leadership blog will be very much a personal venture.  It will reflect my growth and development as a healthcare leader over the past 25 years and it will reflect my transition from a senior leadership role to one of management consultant.  The circumstances will continue to change but my core values and motivations will remain steadfast.  The blog will be a bit of everything - and in that way reflect my own continuous learning - with commentary on events of the day; interpretations of leadership articles, journals and books which may or may not be healthcare specific, and experiences gained through my ongoing work.

Ultimately, I hope that the blog will serve to support the work of other leaders.  I hope that it can be a starting point for many conversations with colleagues, friends and future acquaintances as we strive to make a difference for Canada's healthcare system.

______________________________

Greg Hadubiak, MHSA, FACHE, CEC, PCC
Executive Coach/Consultant
BreakPoint Solutions
gregh@breakpoint.solutions
780-250-2543

Helping leaders realize their strengths and enabling organizations to achieve their potential through the application of my leadership experience and coaching skills. I act as a point of leverage for my clients. I AM their Force Multiplier.

No comments:

Post a Comment